I can't really call these my first thoughts, since I've been thinking about starting a blog and what to write on said imaginary blog for quite some time...
But let's just get to it.
For as long as I've been online, I've enjoyed poking around the nooks and crannies of the internet where people share their rough, unedited thoughts on handcrafted websites. I never coded much outside of a few electives in school (which, although fun, weren't enough to build anything practical), so this world always felt a bit inaccessible to me.
Then after many years of posting on the big social media platforms, I decided it was time for a change. So on and off over the last 6 months I started learning some web dev, and now here we are.
Writing. On. A. Website. That I built.
I wrote the first draft of this blog post back in December so I'd have some dummy content to test the blog with. After tinkering for 2 months (through February 7th, 2023), I feel good enough with the skeleton of the site to start writing. For posterity's sake, I'll leave the initial date untouched.
I'm not entirely sure what direction this blog will take, but I'm excited to have a place to write and share online. Here are some things you might see:
- Pictures of my dog: Her name is Mara and she's the cutest
- Startups: I do business stuff (growth, sales, ops, finance, management) for startups
- Translation: español (llena de errores bien intencionados), 日本語（まあまあ）、한국어 (아주 나쁜)
- Software: Occasional code snippets from this blog and a language learning app I'm building on the side with a friend
- Travel: Adventure stories (with photographic/lithographic accompaniment)
- Creative stuff: We'll see if I work up the courage to post anything I write or draw
- Opinions: We've all got them. I do too. I'll try to keep them to a minimum.
This is the best sandwich in the world:
- toasted sourdough
- spicy mustard & mayo
- ham & salami
- spinach & sprouts
Ok apparently not that much of a minimum...
Well, that's it for today. And lucky for you, part 2 is already up.